Creating healthy eating habits from a young age is an essential part of life long health and wellbeing. At The Green Elephant we nourish young tummies with the goodness they need to help your child grow both physically and mentally to their greatest potential.
Our six week menu cycle has been developed by our qualified Nutritionists, Rebecca Emmett and Erin Gillard of Munchkin Nutrition and Dietetics, with your children’s nutritional needs as the top priority.
We believe food offered to your child should be wholesome, natural, rich in nutrients, tasty and fun! So we encourage children to learn about food, where it comes from and why eating healthy makes us feel so good.
We know what an important role nutrition plays in supporting healthy, optimal growth and development, and this is why we have made it our responsibility to provide your child with meals and snacks which are full of nutrients, vitamins and minerals essential for growing bodies and learning minds.
It is our goal to:
• Help children develop healthy eating habits from a young age
• Provide a positive eating environment
• Provide a wide and nourishing variety of foods from all of the core food groups
• Support a good relationship with food
• Encourage children to try new foods, new colours and new textures
• Provide meals and snacks that
- fuel the body with long lasting energy
- deliver the vitamins and minerals needed to support normal growth and development
- boost the immune system and help our cells and organs function to their greatest ability.
Having our qualified Nutritionists and Chef on board means we can cater for children with allergies and food intolerances such as egg, nut, dairy and coeliac disease. Vegetarian options are also available at each meal and snack.
At The Green Elephant we cater for breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and a late snack. Our meals and snacks are healthy, tasty and fun. We encourage tasting plates, finger foods and meal times that children remember and talk about. We enjoy meals together around a table, creating a sense of community and belonging.
The Green Elephant is a breastfeeding friendly centre. Our policy encourages mothers to continue breastfeeding as long as they wish.
It is our belief that fresh, wholesome and nourishing food, along with an active lifestyle, a sense of belonging and plenty of opportunities to learn are essential for life long health and wellness.